It’s WOW Champ time again! On Thursday, we announced our third quarter WOW Champs, and we’re excited to share the winners with you!
Every quarter, five people are chosen as WOW Champs. These people are nominated by their peers for best representing one of our five core values. Once the nominations are all gathered up, managers meet to discuss who best embodies each value. Then at our company meeting, Chuck says a few words about each person and how they exemplified that value.
You may be wondering, “Why do you guys do this?”
Only quarterly WOW Champs are eligible to become a Value Champ, so being a WOW Champ is one step closer to that goal. It allows us to recognize our employees throughout the year, and it helps them stay engaged with their work.
We get so excited for the winners. It shows how much we appreciate them. I also love the fact that we nominate our peers. While an award from a manager or c-suite is always really awesome, it’s pretty cool to know that your coworkers think you deserve an award too.
Our WOW Champs represent one of our five core values, so here’s a quick refresher on our values and what they mean to us:
- Integrity: “We do what we say we will do.”
- Quality: “We have the unyielding persistence to improve.”
- Respect: “We treat people the way we want to be treated.”
- Commitment: “We are dedicated to the ongoing viability of the company.”
- Passion: “We have the burning desire to achieve in all we do.”
So without further ado, I’m happy to announce our 2018 Third Quarter WOW Champs!
Drum roll please…
Integrity: Tawauna in customer service
Quality: Lindsey in art
Respect: Tim in customer service
Commitment: Becca in business development
Passion: Amy, Chuck’s executive assistant
Congratulations to our winners! You guys rocked our values this quarter. Here are just a few things your coworkers had to say about you:
- “Tawauna is dedicated to the company. She has been the glue of the department lately, and she always has the customers’ best interests in mind. She’s incredibly trustworthy, and she’s truly an expert in her work.”
- “As a backup on virtuals, Lindsey has been a tremendous help. She goes above and beyond with her designs by offering multiple layout choices, working ahead, and doing more than is asked of her. She’s created amazing assets like a background file we can use with multiple options and a font document that shows what combinations of fonts work well together. She’s constantly improving not only for herself but for the company and our customers.”
- “Tim is incredibly respectful of his coworkers and his customers, earning their respect in the process. His customers rely on and appreciate him for everything he does, and he speaks honestly and from the heart every time.”
- “It’s not one thing that Becca did; it’s how she operates. She is a pusher and lives by the ‘not good enough’ motto. She’s always on to the next project as soon as another is complete. She has high standards and holds everyone else to them as well.”
- “Amy is always moving. She just never stops! She’s always looking for new ways to do better and be better. She constantly has a smile on her face, and her determination and happiness is contagious!”
Want to help us celebrate our winners? Leave them a comment! And don’t forget to check back in December for our Fourth Quarter WOW Champs!