Say hello to our last WOW Champs of 2018! On Wednesday, we announced our fourth quarter WOW Champs, and we’re excited to share the winners with you!
Every quarter, five people are chosen as WOW Champs. These people are nominated by their peers for best representing one of our five core values. Once the nominations are all gathered up, managers meet to discuss who best embodies each value. Then at our company meeting, Chuck says a few words about each person and how they exemplified that value.
You may be wondering, “Why do you guys do this?”
Only quarterly WOW Champs are eligible to become a Value Champ, so being a WOW Champ is one step closer to that goal. It allows us to recognize our employees throughout the year, and it helps them stay engaged with their work.
We get so excited for the winners. It shows how much we appreciate them. I also love the fact that we nominate our peers. While an award from a manager or c-suite is always really awesome, it’s pretty cool to know that your coworkers think you deserve an award too.
Our WOW Champs represent one of our five core values, so here’s a quick refresher on our values and what they mean to us:
- Integrity: “We do what we say we will do.”
- Quality: “We have the unyielding persistence to improve.”
- Respect: “We treat people the way we want to be treated.”
- Commitment: “We are dedicated to the ongoing viability of the company.”
- Passion: “We have the burning desire to achieve in all we do.”
So without further ado, I’m happy to announce our 2018 Fourth Quarter WOW Champs!
Drum roll please…
Commitment: Jason in production
Integrity: Jen in marketing
Passion: David in business development
Quality: Linda in production
Respect: Christian in solutions
Congratulations to our winners! You guys rocked our values this quarter. Here are just a few things your coworkers had to say about you:
- “Jason has shown time and again what it takes to keep the best interest of the company and team in mind. He is dedicated and always willing to take on a challenge, even when the cards are stacked. He strives to make no mistakes and constantly takes any and all criticism in a positive way so he can succeed for himself, the company, and his team.”
- “Jen will literally stop what she is doing to help me serve our customers. When customers have trouble getting logged into the website, Jen is there. When our customers want private label websites, customized ZOOMcatalogs, unbranded 360s, or an image that’s not on our website, Jen gets it done right away. She was instrumental in getting live chat up and running and getting us trained in. Jen continuously follows through on everything she says she will. I know I can count on her to get it done the right way and quickly every time.”
- “David worked his tail off to create the sample roll cases for our customers. There were tons of hours put into designing it, and he was always thinking about what’s best for our customers.”
- “Linda is great at catching errors within artwork and always questions anything that doesn’t look right. She is also great at getting masks produced quickly. She is awesome at her craft, and it is comforting having her in the masking room. Linda has the customer in mind when making sure every order and piece is good to go.”
- “If you are speaking with Christian, he really listens. He follows up with thoughtful questions that help him do his job better. If he can learn to do something, he will ask me to teach him how to do it, rather than doing it for him. Even when under stress, he’s always smiling and cracking jokes. He gives everyone a smile and comes to work with a great attitude. He asks questions and always wants to learn. If you ever help him with something, you can expect a big thank you!”
Want to help us celebrate our winners? Leave them a comment! And don’t forget to check back in February to learn who our newest Value Champions are!